Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Oval Platters in the works

I found these clear acrylic oval platters and decided to paint them. I've started by painting them all white with a matte water based white paint. I'll add another coat or two and then seal it with a clear polycrylic gloss. 
Once that's finished my blank canvases will be ready to embellish with mandala patterns. I'm thinking to do all four pieces with the same base design but then to do additional details or colors all different on each one. This is a rough sketch of the base design I've come up with. 
I just have to decide if I should keep them black and white or make them really colorful. Either way they will be incredibly detailed and I will pour some resin onto the flat area of the platter once I'm finished to protect the pattern. This will also add a bit of weight to the finished piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment