Monday, May 16, 2011

"Hat Lady" in progress

I have been working on a new piece. I found this image of a woman in a hat when I googled 1920's images of women. I was really drawn to the shadows on her face. With this piece I decided to shade her face with a stipple technique and then grid off the rest of the paper so I can fill each space with an assortment of patterns. This piece is named "Hat Lady", and these are a few photos of her in progress. I also found an old plastic frame to place the photo in while I work so she is easy to see. I don't want my illustration to look exactly like her but I do want the shadowing of her face to be similar.


7 comments:

  1. She's beautiful. I love the retro feel! so much gorgeous detail!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gonna be stunning!
    ~:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful series this could be--I love ladies from this era--she is gorgeous--you've captured that look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your reference photo, you are definitely capturing her look within your artwork. Those lips and eyes, So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous interpretation Rebecca! So interesting seeing how you create. How long does it take to complete a piece like this with all your amazing detail?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca Sweetie,
    Your rendition of the Hat Lady is Fantastic!Love her expression and all the different details you are drawing in!
    Can't wait to see the finished piece.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have captured the essence of her so beautifully
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete