Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Lady Violet"






"Lady Violet" was inspired by some recent Art Nouveau pieces I recently saw. I have always been drawn to that style of Art. I began a new Art Journal but wasn't pleased with the way the 2 page spreads were scanning so I started again. This time I am actually working on a single page at a time and I'm working in a spiral bound Journal, this way I can add my layers and paper tiles to each piece and the bind of the Journal is much more forgiving as the pages become thicker. This is the first piece completed and I've listed it in my Etsy Shop. I love the way an image changes just by cropping it in different ways.

I have a feeling I may be changing my banner again soon. I'm just not completely satisfied with the one I have up there now.

8 comments:

  1. So true about cropping, she's pretty cool. I like your banner And the nice thing about banners is they're like shoes you can change them all the time...at least I do :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is really beautiful. i love her eyes and cheeks! I like your banner, but it is fun to change....have a great night! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,

    When I think YOU can't out do yourself, you create something even more amazing! Love,love,love this one. The banner you have right now is lovely but I am sure the next one will be FAB! :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh another fantastic journal creation by Rebecca ! How exciting and it looks gorgeous !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing page! Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love lady Violet. She is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lady Violet's bright colours. The flowers around her head are gorgeous
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete