Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Urban Flower Barrette One

As I add to my line of hair accessories I decided to design some barrettes. This barrette was hand sewn out of some fabrics I brought back from India. It's quite stunning in a rustic kind of way. It shimmery texture slightly changes color with the light.I embellished the flower with metallic threads and glass beads. Between the two pieces of fabric I put a thin piece of brass which gives the barrette its weight and shape and the clip on the back has been sewn into the fabric. I like the frayed edged on this piece. I wanted it to be dressy but rustic at the same time. I guess that makes it the Urban Flower Barrette I was going for.



1 comment:

  1. I think you have found another niche Rebecca. A perfect compliment to your headbands
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete